Music Tech Class

This blog reflects my personal feelings and opinions toward my class assignments, class projects, and technology in general.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Temporarily technologically tongue tied!

Yesterday I bought Macromedia Studio 8 so that I can finally start experimenting with Flash and Dreamweaver. Financially it seemed like that was the best option because at the NYU bookstore Flash alone was like $250 and Dreamweaver $200, so why not get the combo for $300? I really thought about getting the Creative Suite with the full version of Photoshop included (since I only bought Elements last semester) but I just can't swing that much money for something I don't know if I'll even use that much. I feel so fortunate to be a student right now so that I can get technological discounts. Otherwise this stuff would be waaaaaaay too much for me.

I've been feeling so computer savvy since taking Tech Trends last semester, but at the moment I again feel a little technologically overwhelmed because now I have several new programs that I don't know ANYTHING about! In addition to Flash and Dreamweaver, the bundle came with Fireworks and Contribute (I don't even know what those do......), so now I have several new programs to master. Each program comes with a simple introduction, but I am looking forward to checking out more tutorials so that I can become proficient!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Wyzard said…

    The layers of technology can be slowly peeled away so that it is appears much less formidable. One resource I have discovered is the rich array of tutorials available through a simple search. Almost every application has free tutorials that take you through small incremental steps. Your greatest asset is your desire to know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home