Music Tech Class

This blog reflects my personal feelings and opinions toward my class assignments, class projects, and technology in general.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

To do, or to study?

Learning is about acquiring knowledge, but what is the best method to acquire that knowledge? I believe that every person has a different way of learning based on past success and there is no single correct answer. The best way that I learn is through example. Sometimes words alone aren't enough to get the point across in something as complex as music. Sometimes there aren't words to describe. This method works with one on one or group instruction, but what happens when you try to learn something on your own, outside of an academic setting?

I am now the proud owner of my own domain name and web host, but don't know the next step. I have been studying tutorials on Dreamweaver, but part of me wants to just start making my website even though I don't have so much as the slightest clue as to how to make the site I am envisioning. One should never abandon studying, but sometimes the only way to learn is by making attempts and finding out just how successful those attempts were.

I feel that CAI is a wonderful opportunity to participate in a music technology related independent study that still meets regularly to learn and discuss different aspects on the main topic. My goal for this class is to learn as much as I can about technology in a way that will assist me in developing my personal website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home