Music Tech Class

This blog reflects my personal feelings and opinions toward my class assignments, class projects, and technology in general.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Finally, I'm a Firefox convert!

I've been experimenting with new browsers ever since we began studying HTML last semester. At the time, Safari was my favorite (largely because of the toolbar and address bar layout) and Internet Explorer was my least favorite. I downloaded several of the other browsers we discussed in class as well - Netscape, Firefox, and Opera. The only one that actually impressed me at the time was Netscape (due to it's page loading efficiency), so I deleted Firefox and Opera. Thus, the temporary end of my relationship with Firefox.

Particularly with the use of Blogger, I have notice major difference among browsers, and felt that my Safari, my favorite, was inadeqate. The only browser I like using in Blogger was Netscape, and I'm not the biggest fan of Netscape's layout (thus the reason I've never really been a Netscape convert).

Out of curiosity, and Dr. Gilbert's high opinion of it, I again downloaded Firefox.........

......and now I LOVE it! What I love most about Safari is all here in Firefox. I like the smaller buttons on top, and the bookmark bar just below. Additionally, there is the Netscape-esque efficiency of loading pages. The only downside is that I don't like how the progress of how a page loads is on the bottom right hand corner. I prefer how you can check that progress in Safari's address bar.

So anyway..........now Firefox is my browser of choice! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home