Music Tech Class

This blog reflects my personal feelings and opinions toward my class assignments, class projects, and technology in general.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My Website Ideas

Over spring break I made an investment in my computer education - I purchased two books. One is on Dreamweaver 8, the other is on Flash 8. Why purchase a paperback book when I can probably find all my answers online in tutorials, you ask? Well..... I've tried to do some tutorials, and I find it a little frustrating to continually switch computer program windows, especially if I don't immediately "get" the concept at hand. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but to me, the book is easier.

I'm really excited about my books because they seem like they will take me far in developing a website. My goal is to have a really cool Flash based index page including a cool Flash movie, then develop the rest of the pages using Dreamweaver. This will allow me to learn the webpage development process using both programs. Watch out - elaineolschesky.com is underway!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Elaine said…

    Since you asked....

    I bought "Teach Yourself Visually, Dreamweaver 8" and "Focal Easy Guide to Macromedia Flash 8, First Edition" by Birgitta Hosea.

    Last semester I bought the "Teach Yourself Visually, HTML" and loved it, so I'm hoping the Dreamweaver book is just as helpful. So far, I've only gotten as far into the Dreamweaver book as creating folders for my materials and gathering materials for the pages, so I'll have to get back to you about whether or not the book is helpful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home